Tax Solutions for Individuals
Seeking Expert Help with Your Personal Taxes –
But Want to Keep More of What You Earn?
Do you require tax planning and preparation services to help you minimize your taxes while still meeting all of those tax deadlines?
Do you want taxes to be as simple and painless as possible?
Do you want a proactive tax preparer that can assist you in discovering efficient and secure methods to lower your tax burden?
If you said yes to any of these questions, you’ve come to the ideal place for finding out about how we may assist you with your tax return preparation, quick and easy filing, and tax planning to lower your tax burden. We serve hundreds of people each year and can assist you in saving time and money while reducing the stress that comes with the tax season.
We specialize in tax return preparation and filing for individuals in the Katy-Fulshear-Houston area.
Your Tax Service Solutions
- Tax Planning and Tax Preparation
- Tax Deductions
- Tax Return Prep Services for Expats (Foreign Reporting )
- Tax Returns Requiring Amendments
- IRS Penalty Letters
- Tax Fraud
- Turbo Tax Support
- Back Taxes Filing
- Tax Return Prep for Entrepreneurs
- Complimentary Tax Planning Session
Tax return preparation is best left to a tax professional with access to sophisticated commercial tax software that can be used to verify results against their knowledge of the current tax laws.
Tax Planning and Tax Preparation Services
We help our clients with the following services:
- Prepare your tax return using our professional software
- Make sure every possible deduction you might be eligible for is checked
- Always ensure your tax return’s accuracy is perfect
- Review any red flags we find and ensure you are fully informed of any risk or potential audit
- Explain difficult jargon in an understandable way so you always fully understand the decisions you make
- Electronically file your federal tax returns to ensure a timely refund; we will also file your state and local taxes if you have recently moved to Texas
- Provide you with a link that allows you to check on your refund status
- Keep you updated regarding due dates within the scope of our engagement so you can stop worrying about whether you’ve forgotten to file something vital
- Answer all of your questions and explain each of your options
- Assist you with recordkeeping
- Provide year-round access to copies of your returns, making them available should you decide to purchase a home or take out loans
- Availability via call or email year-round for additional tax questions or services
- Aid you in adjusting your tax withholding amounts for next year
- Calculate estimated tax payments so that you can reduce or avoid any penalties for next year
- Make tax projections throughout the year, preventing surprises
- Set up a physical meeting to determine ways to lower your tax bill for next year
- Offer you deductions you may be able to take next year to reduce your taxes
Preparation of federal and state tax returns for individual taxpayers, trusts, and estates.
We understand that tax season is not one of your favorite times of the year! We want to make it as quick and easy for you as possible. We can assist you in navigating the complexities of forms, requirements, deadlines, and constantly changing tax rules so that you are aware of any potential financial opportunities available to your situation.
We can assist you in determining how to account for your income on your tax return, regardless of whether it’s wage income from a job that provides a W-2, contract work with 1099s, social security payments, rental earnings, company revenue, stock sales, interest and dividend revenue, unemployment compensation benefits, money from partnership distributions, LLC or S-Corp profits.
We offer several types of tax services for individuals:
- Tax preparation for those with a full-time paycheck job
- Tax preparation for retired persons with social security income, retirement withdrawals, and other income
- Tax preparation for those with a contract job or who are sole proprietors of a small business.
- Tax preparation for any dependent children who have income
- Tax preparation for estates
- Tax preparation for trusts
We will help you to both prepare and e-file the necessary forms based on your individual circumstances.
We can help you obtain all of the deductions and credits allowed to you, such as property taxes, medical expenses, charitable contributions, business expenses, retirement plan contributions, the new 20 percent pass-through entity deduction, child tax credits, and a variety of other things.
Tax Return Prep Services for Expats
If you’re an ex-pat, you know that there are special rules and regulations when filing taxes. It can be quite confusing and time-consuming to figure out on your own. But here at our company, we have experts in ex-pat tax law who would be more than happy to help make the process a whole lot easier for you.
Tax Returns That Require Amendment
A tax return may need to be updated for a variety of reasons. There might have been an error when it was initially filed. It’s possible that a tax regulation changed, and amending a return improves the taxpayer’s position. In any event, we can assist you if you need to make any changes to your tax return for any reason.
IRS Penalty Letters
Have you received one of the pesky IRS letters? It could be about underreported income or any of the following:
- You have a balance due.
- You are due a larger or smaller refund.
- We have a question about your tax return.
- We need to verify your identity.
- We need additional information.
- We changed your return.
- We need to notify you of delays in processing your return.
The IRS wants to work with you. You should read the letter and respond. If it is beyond what you can handle, we will take care of it for you.
Every year, there are a lot of people who try to scam taxpayers by pretending to be from the IRS. Please keep in mind that the IRS will never call you about your return or ask for personal information over the phone. If you get a call like this, hang up and report it to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration.
Here’s a link from the IRS to learn more about tax scams and unscrupulous preparers so you don’t become a victim of fraud.
Do you prepare your tax return by yourself and you suddenly feel stuck, or wondering why the amount you owe increase every year?
As a prior Turbo Tax consultant, providing support to taxpayers, I have helped other taxpayers to navigate issues on their self-prepare tax return.
Back Taxes Filing
Are you behind on the filing of your taxes? Maybe you have 3-5 years of unfiled tax returns? We can help you get caught up so that you are tax-compliant and receive all the tax credits and deductions available to you.
Tax Return Preparation for Entrepreneurs
Although we at Katy Tax Advisor focus on doing taxes for individuals and families, we know many Texans are entrepreneurs (just like us!). Because of this, we are able to help you with tax filings related to, but not limited to partnerships, trusts, estates, ex-pats, S-Corps and C-Corps LLCs., sole practitioners with businesses, and Real Estate Investors, to name a few.
We also work with a team of people focusing on small business bookkeeping and tax situations. For more information on that, please click here.
Complimentary Tax Planning Session
Our team offers complimentary, no-pressured initial sessions to discuss how we can assist you with filing and preparing your taxes. We offer this because we want to help you save your money without making you pay more taxes than necessary. Simply give us a call at (281) 574-8721 or contact us to set up a time that works for you! We would be more than happy to help you hash out any questions or concerns you may have. What we have found is that some of the best savings happen when we work together and plan for them in advance.